This summer I have spent a lot of time with my parents. The time is precious. I am still learning from them. What a blessing these moments are!
|April 17, 1962|
Some things I've learned/witnessed with my parents:
- Faithful, loving companionship and care: 55 years married, my parents still fuss over, care for and worry about each other.
- Neighborliness: my parents have neighbors they know by name, and one young man whom they mentor and love as "second parents" as well as neighbors.
- "Let's see" attitude: my parents face challenges with thoughtful problem-solving rather than panic. (Coming soon: a "Makerspace" blog about my parents)
- Humor in the face of difficulty: pain, physical or emotional, can be faced with humor.
- Abundant love: my parents love me beyond reason; they are always delighted when I come, and they can't wait to see me again.
|July 28, 2007|