Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Why We Tribe

Why am I a member of the 
Compelled Tribe of bloggers? 

In this tribe,

  • I am family. I need not earn my position; I am a member.
  • I am not alone. I have a group of people committed to helping me reflect and excel as an educator.
  • I am a contributing member. I work alongside my fellow tribesmen (and tribeswomen), reading, writing, commenting, and encouraging.
  • I find comfort. I find passion. I find courage to continue. I find ideas. 
  • I am inspired. When I read what others are thinking, doing, saying (etc.), I am challenged and stretched.
  • I am allowed to be different. I don't have to write in a certain way, and I don't have to think with a certain mindset.
  • I am reminded that I am not alone. I remember what I do and why.
  • Likewise, I can encourage, strengthen and inspire others. I can give back to my tribe.
  • With my tribe's encouragement, I return to my clasroom, my students and my colleagues revitalized.
  • With my tribe's influence, I am pushed to remember my commitment to blogging, and encouraged to give it my best effort.



Photo by Natalie Pedigo on Unsplash
You can learn more about the Compelled Tribe.

  • Do you have a Tribe?
  • What benefits do you reap from them? Or, if you don't have a Tribe, what would you want in one?
  • What imagery comes to mind when you hear the word "tribe"? How might that drive your Tribe choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parent - Teacher Relationships

Recently I was asked, "What is the best way to react besides staying calm when a parent is upset?" Photo by  Icons8 Team  on  ...